There's a 3-part series in this blog along with a reminder of why we need to add audio in our elearning platforms...
According to Colvin Clark & Mayer (2002) there are six different "broadly applicable" media element guidelines to follow when undertaking e-learning instruction. These guidelines are:
- The Multimedia Principle: Use words and graphics rather than words alone.
- The Contiguity Principle: Place corresponding words and graphics near each other
- The Modality Principle: Present words as audio narration rather than onscreen text.
- The Redundancy Principle: Presenting words in both text and audio narration can hurt learning.
- The Coherence Principle: Adding interesting material can hurt learning
- The Personalization Principle: Use conversational style and virtual coaches.